As a licensed physician having completed the requisite medical training and certified accordingly you enter into this agreement with the AfriDOKTA for purpose participating in the AfriDOKTA Telemedicine Network (ATN) which includes labs, pharmacies, emergency medical services and other affiliates to deliver high quality healthcare consults via the electronic audio and visual environment established and maintained by AfriDOKTA.
1. Conduct patient encounters over telemedicine based on the standards of care expected by your local country medical authorities such as the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dental Union and AfriDOKTA’s “Patient Health is #1 Philosophy” and the vision to “Drive Transformation of the delivery of healthcare in Africa and make quality care available to all”.
2. Accept responsibility for receiving requests for telemedicine encounters from patients based on notifications delivered via text message or email via the ATN electronic network and agree to respond to them within 5 mins of receiving such a request.
3. Provide the necessary credentialing information at registration with AfriDOKTA including your medical license, current practice information and history and any additional legal information that could impact the care you will deliver via ATN.
4. Identify at least 30 days in advance your availability for telemedicine encounters and accept those encounters assigned to you by AfriDOKTA administration team during the delivery of healthcare consults to AfriDOKTA patients.
5. Review each patient Personal Health Record (PHR) or Electronic Medical Record (EHR) provided electronically prior to consult, update the same upon completion of a consult, leverage ATNs patient education resources whenever necessary and provide a summary of each encounter in clear and uncertain terms in the appropriate sections provided by AfriDOKTA when a telemedicine consult has taken place.
6. If applicable ,bill the patient’s insurance company if applicable for any services defined under the contract for telemedicine consultations and resubmit those billings if they are initially rejected for any reason related to telemedicine.
7. Provide the required means in the form of a bank account, mobile money or any relevant information by which you may be reimbursed for delivering telemedicine services via ATN.
8. Accept reimbursement according to my selection as follows below or when required submit an invoice for all such requested reimbursements to ATN.
9. Meet with ATN representatives at their request to discuss possibilities of providing additional and or improved healthcare services to their users and attend or send a representative to meetings of the ATN if and when they occur.
10. Maintain a patient record in the ATN dashboard in the form of a clinically updated PHR or HER for telemedicine encounters in accordance with medical standards of practice and in compliance with all laws regarding patient privacy, confidentiality, informed consent and record keeping.
11. . Abide by the American Telemedicine Association (ATA) standards and local country requirements for providers on delivery of healthcare consults online.
12. This agreement may be cancelled within 30 days after notification by either party and or immediately by ATN under extraordinary circumstances not limited to a record of poor delivery of medical consultations by the medical professional.
1. Take responsibility for developing and maintaining the electronic infrastructure for efficiently and effectively delivering and accepting telemedicine encounters for patients based on notifications delivered via text message or email.
2. Exert its best efforts to work with all providers to provide patients to fill the Doctors available provider hours.
3. Provide technical support to assist with its videoconferencing equipment and telecommunications problems.
4. Provide consulting assistance regarding billing procedures and practices for telemedicine where needed and requested.
5. Consider termination of this agreement under Item 10 above if the provider does not provide for any period of 5 consecutive days of services to users requesting consults.
6. Not accept malpractice liability for medical care delivered over the network. Such liability is the responsibility of the provider per the local country regulations.
7. Always work with Providers, Users and its network of associates to improve the patient and provider experience with a view to the AfriDOKTA’s “Patient Health is #1 Philosophy” and the vision to “Drive Transformation of the delivery of healthcare in Africa and make quality care available to all”.
8. From time to time provide and encourage its medical professional to pursue Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
9. Annually request its medical professionals to provide their updated credentials and where necessary may suspend their participation where legal claims are made against the individual medical provider and or his or her employment institution.
10. Provide a dedicated email and phone support line to providers by sending email to providersupport@AfriDOKTA.com
Email already use with AfriDOKTA please choose another.
Username already use with AfriDOKTA please choose another.
© Copyright 2017 AfriDOKTA.com. All rights reserved.
Please enter your full name
Please enter your valid Email address
Please enter your Message
Thank You! Your message has been sent successfully. Our team contact you shortly.